We are trained to provide the following advanced airway services:
- Oral tracheal intubation
- Retrograde intubation
- PerTrach cricothyrotomy
- Other surgical cricothyrotomies
These of course follow the standard bag valve mask. However, we also have the King Airway as a backup.
We are trained to provide the following breathing services:
- Rapid Sequence induction / intubation using the most current and potent sedatives and paralytics
- Chest decompression performed in the field for tension pneumothorax
- End tidal CO2 monitoring (digital and capnograph) both in the spontaneous breathing and intubated patient
- Carbon monoxide detection / monitoring
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact Aberdeen Fire Rescue
at 605-626-7048. If this is an emergency, please dial 911.