Aberdeen Recreation and Cultural Center (ARCC) Facilities
The Aberdeen Recreation and Cultural Center is a 178,000-square-foot, community-use facility that includes the following spaces:
- Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department Administrative Offices - The administrative staff for the Aberdeen Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Department is located in the facility.
- Aberdeen Recreation and Cultural Center Gallery - The ARCC Gallery has art shows on display throughout the year.
- Civic Arena - A 3,200-seat venue that hosts more than 50 local school basketball games, volleyball matches, and wrestling tournaments.
- Civic Theatre - This 1,500-seat theater is used by the Aberdeen Area Arts Council and the Aberdeen Community Concert Association for performances and meetings.
- Computer Lab - This facility is used for city employee computer training and computer classes for the general public.
- Dance Studios and Dance Exercise Gym - These facilities host over 90 weekly dance classes, and additional dance camps in the summer.
- Multi Use Meeting / Conference Rooms - ARCC classes and public meetings are held in these facilities.
- Music Rehearsal Rooms and Music Studios - These rooms are used for music lessons, classes, Aberdeen Municipal Band rehearsals, and piano recitals.
- Visual Arts / Crafts Classrooms - This facility is used for daytime, after-school, and evening programs for all ages.
- YAPAtorium - The YAPAtorium is a youth center for middle and high school students, operated by the Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Department.
- Aberdeen Area Arts Council Office - The Arts Council office is located in the facility. The Arts Council has partnered with the ARCC on numerous arts programs.